Before you start creating jobs on magnetic, let us first discuss what a job is.
Project / Booking / Job/ Order / Case
First off, a job can be renamed to Jobs, Bookings, Orders, or Case.
A job in Magnetic mirrors a project in a company where you have to complete work for a customer or internally over a period of time. A job is always something that has been agreed in principle with a customer or it is agreed internally.
A Job may include all or some of the following:
- Multiple tasks that need to be completed;
- Tracking of time spent on the Job. (This is done by tracking time to tasks associated with the job).
- Email communication between the customer and employees of your company (Integrate your emails with Magnetic to build your contact list off your emails).
- Billing for the Job.
- Uploading files and linking files to the Job.
- Creating Custom Fields.
You can create a private job that is only visible to you or to somebody else if you assign them a task in your private job.
When creating a job, simply tick the Private tickbox. Setting to Private will make the job only visible to the users with assigned tasks in the project/job.
- Choose the name that best suits your industry.
- You can also change your project statuses here.
- Learn how to use the Job Dashboard.
- Learn how to use the Job Scheduler.
Next step: Learn how to create a job