You can assign a task to a specific user or multiple users and also add Watchers who will be notified of any changes on that task.
Follow these steps to create a task:
- Hover over the quick add menu at the bottom left side of your screen.
- Click on "Task" on the menu that pops up.
- Fill in the following information:
- Task name: Give your task a name e.g. Design website.
- Task Description: Here you can add as much information as you like about the task. E.g Clarify all the client's expectations.
- Task Owner: This is the person the task is assigned to. You can select more that one person and they will each receive their own individual version of that task.
- Notify: Send email notification to the owner about new task or changes being made.
- Watcher: Add names of people who you want to receive email notifications of any important changes happening on the task.
- Select Project / Opportunity or Create new Opportunity: By entering the name of a project, job or opportunity here, you can create the task inside an existing job. Alternatively, create an opportunity in the text box for the task to be stored in.
- Start Date: The day the owner is scheduled to start working on the task.
- End Date: The day the task is due for completion.
- Estimated effort: The estimated time you think it will take to complete the task.
- Total Tracked Time: The amount of time already tracked on this task. First enter the hours then the minutes.
- Status: Select the status of the task based on your workflow. Status lanes are customisable!
- Billable: Tick this box if the time tracked on this task is billable.
- Billing rate: In your settings you can set up item types according to which your different users track time. See the tutorial! Select the relevant billing rate for this task from the dropdown menu.
- Tags: Tags can be used as quick flagging to differentiate. E.g. Add the tag "Timing Plan" to certain tasks. Then you can print a timing plan of only those tagged tasks. See the tutorial!
- Attachment icon: Attach a document to this task.
- Save once you have filled in all the relevant information.
Creating Section Headings in your task list
- Click on Tasks on the bar at the top of your screen.
- Click on the red button called "New Section".
- Type in the name of the Section heading followed by :
- E.g. Design:
- Fill in the rest of the info as normal.
Create private tasks only you can see
- Create a new project to group these private tasks in and make sure you create the project as private by ticking the "private" checkbox. Then simply add tasks to this project. A project's visibility governs all the tasks stored in the project.
- If you set a task for someone else inside the private job/project, they will be able to see all tasks in the private job/project.
See the following tutorials:
Learn how to save your popular searches
See how to use data tables