Accurate time tracking is essential if you want to have useful reports.
There are three ways to track time to tasks in Magnetic:
Method 1: Timesheet view:
- Admins can track time for users in the timesheet.
- Click on Tasks.
- Select Timesheet view from the dropdown menu on the right side of your screen.
- Tick the "show all tasks tickbox".
- Add times in the slots where you need to.
- Time is saved once it has been entered into the slots. You can remove or edit time directly in the slots
Tutorial of method 1:
***Note***Method 1 allows for editing multiple tasks while Method 2 and 3 are tracking per task.
Method 2: Stopwatch on Tasks
- Click on tasks and select the List View.
- On the right side of the task, you will see the time tracking icon. Click on that icon.
- You will see time starting to track at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the stopwatch again to stop the time tracking.
- You can also start tracking time on your "Top Task" by clicking on the "Start tracking" icon in the bottom menu.
Tutorial of method 2:
If you are in the task details view, you can click on the stopwatch icon in the header as seen below:
Method 3: Task Time Entries
- When you click on the 3 horizontal line icon on a task it will take you Task Time Entries.
- Add a comment as tracked time.
- Click on save after each entry.
- You can also add "Reduced time" if you want to reduce the amount of time you tracked on Magnetic. Just put a - in front of the time entry. people must rather. However, it is better to reduce the time logged that was incorrect instead of creating a new entry for a negative amount.
Tutorial of method 3:
Make sure your staff is all tracking time accurately and making comments on their time entries. This will ensure accurate data for your reports.