To copy incoming mail to Magnetic, we will setup a POP3 listener on your mail account. This will not delete messages off the server so you can continue to receive mail via your mail client as your normally do. We will poll your mailbox every minute.
1. If using POP3 we will not receive your sent email. You need to switch to IMAP for this and ensure you are saving sent email to your sent items folder.
2. If you have an Exchange account or some other mail server, when we check email some email may get marked as read. You need to switch to IMAP if this is the case.
To setup, you need the following details from your mail provider: (The same applies if you're using IMAP)
- POP3 Server Name.
- Username - This is usually your email address.
- Email address.
- Whether you POP server requires SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connections.
- POP3 Port - This is usually 110 for non-secure and 995 for SSL connections.
2. If you wish to use IMAP, you can fill in the details as received from your mail provider. Alternatively if you want to go ahead and use POP3, click "Click here to use POP3 if your mail server does not support IMAP"
3. Enter your details and hit save, we will check if the details are correct and notify you immediately.
- If you want to configure your Gmail account to use POP3/IMAP then you would need to ensure that POP3/IMAP is enabled for your specific Gmail account. If not, then it will not function. To enable POP3/IMAP on Gmail please follow the instructions given by Google here - https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en (POP3) and https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en (IMAP)
- If you have 2 Step Verification enabled on your account, please note that you will need to create an App Password for Magnetic on your Google account to use IMAP/POP3 and retrieve your email. Please follow the instructions for adding an App Password here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833