To copy incoming mail to Magnetic, we will setup a POP3 listener on your mail account. This will not delete messages off the server so you can continue to receive mail via your mail client as your normally do. We will poll your mailbox every minute.
1. If using POP3 we will not receive your sent email. You need to switch to IMAP for this and ensure you are saving sent email to your sent items folder.
2. If you have an Exchange account or some other mail server, when we check email some email may get marked as read. You need to switch to IMAP if this is the case.
To setup, you need the following details from your mail provider:
- POP3 Server Name.
- Username - This is usually your email address.
- Email address.
- Whether you POP server requires SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connections.
- POP3 Port - This is usually 110 for non-secure and 995 for SSL connections.
2. Enter your details and hit save, we will check if the details are correct and notify you immediately.