Sometimes a project can be very complex and need smaller job inside of that project in order to make it easier to manage.
A sub-job is a means of creating smaller job in one overarching one for particularly complex jobs. For example, if you are managing a massive event "Rebranding Company", you might want several smaller jobs for reporting/management purposes: "Website redesign", "Stationary rebranding" etc.
Follow these steps to create a Sub-Job:
- Click on Jobs.
- Click on the name of the job you wish to select.
- This should take you to the dashboard for that job.
- Click on "Add" and from the dropdown list select "Add Sub-Job".
- Fill in all the relevant information for the sub-job.
How to use the Sub-Jobs:
- Once you have created a sub-job on the job dashboard, click on the "Include sub-jobs" tick box for the sub-jobs to show on the dashboard timeline.
- These jobs are separate jobs in essence that are linked to the main job.
- You can also select "Sub-Opportunities / Jobs".
You will see you sub-jobs listed there. Please click on the sub-job and it will open that job for you. You can then proceed and create tasks inside that sub-job as normal.
See the screenshots below:
Creating a sub-job:
Including sub jobs in the dashboard timeline:
View Sub jobs linked to main job:
Learn how to save your popular searches
See how to use data tables