Magnetic has an Import Suite where you can import all your data.
You can import the following information on Magnetic's Import Suite:
- contacts / companies (clients)
- users (can only be imported by users with Admin role assigned to them)
- item types
Follow these steps to import data:
- Hover the mouse cursor over your name on the top right corner of your screen.
- A menu will drop down and you need to click on Import Data on that menu.
- This will bring you into the Magnetic Import Suite.
- On your right, you will see all the items you can import.
- Download the template of the item you want to import by clicking on the Download icon on that button.
- You will need to fill in this Import file with all your data.
Follow the guide provided that shows what the column heading and data should look like.
Select the settings relevant to your import.
I want to import:
- Opportunities / Projects
- Item Types
- Fill in where there is no data (Updates information only where there is no data available. This function will not overwrite any data).
- Overwrite old data with new information (Will overwrite any existing data).
Handles tags by:
- Appending to existing tags (adds new tags onto database).
- Overwriting existing tags (Updates existing tags on database).
- Removing the uploaded tags (removes existing tags on database).
This is all set automatically and should not be modified by non-advanced users.
- Data Format: You can choose to Excel or CSV.
- Import name: Give the import a name.
- Comma Delimiter (Choose between comma (,), Semicolon (;) or N/A.
- Select the import file you want to import from your device.
- Once you select the file it should import immediately.
- You will now see the following colour coding:
- Green: This column will import with normally.
- Orange: This column will be ignored and not imported.
- Red: This column can not import. You need to consider deleting or renaming this column on your import file and try yo upload again.
- Click on Progress Panel to see the progress and success of your import.
- If there are any errors, you can download the Error file that will explain to you exactly what the errors are in the Error column.
- Create the necessary Item Types/Billing Rates first before you start importing as it affects the data imports usually.
- Create your Line Managers first before importing your users.
- Create your jobs first before importing your list of tasks.
Import your data from other programs so you can run your entire agency off a single app.