Magnetic has the ability to integrate with various applications, including some accounting systems.
Magnetic can Integrate with Pastel Partner Suite v12-14. Magnetic does not Support Sage Pastel.
Go to Company setting and click on Accounts to have access to the following settings. Click on this link for quick access.
- Only Create Account of CE: e.g. Big agencies may only allow creating tax invoices, purchase orders and supplier invoices from a Cost Estimate.
- Only approved customers can be billed:
- Account Ref code Prefix: Add something before the number e.g. Initials of company ( e.g MS4757) or year (20164737)
- Tax percentage: Add the tax percentage for your specific country when you set up your accounts module. E.g. Global default is 14% but UK clients may add 20%.
Next Account Numbering for cost estimate, Tax Invoice, Purchase Order, Supplier Invoice and Credit note:
- With Pastel, these numbers have to be in sync!
- Customer and Supplier Codes (Affiliate Codes) has to be exactly the same between Magnetic and Pastel.
- Clients can be exported from Pastel along with its Supplier and Customer Codes.
- Pastel codes can then be imported into Magnetic with the Client Import. The Affiliate codes will be entered into the External reference column on the Client Import File.
- Alternatively, all these codes can be entered manually.
- Accounting Platform: Select Pastel.
- Cost Estimates: Can not be imported or exported. Select "None".
- Purchase orders: Can be exported from Magnetic but not imported. You can select export if you wish to.
- Tax & Supplier Invoices and Credit Notes: This must be set to export! This is very important.
- Base Currency: Select the currency you want to work in.
- Enable Pastel Version 14 Support: If you use Pastel version 14 and this box is not checked the import will fail because the import is of a different format.
GL Codes in Pastel must link to the correct Item Types.
- Sales Code: Links to Tax Invoices and Tax Invoice Credit Notes in pastel.
- Cost of Sales Code: Links to Supplier Invoices and Supplier Invoice Credit Notes in pastel.
- Zero Rated Sales Codes: Links to Tax-free Tax Invoices and Tax Invoice Credit Notes in pastel.
- Zero Rated Cost of Sales Codes: Links to Tax-free Supplier Invoices and Supplier Invoice Credit Notes in pastel.
***Note***Pastel writes the code with a forward slash. E.g. 200/001. Magnetic does not use the forward slash in the code for practical reasons to do with importing. In Magnetic that same code will be written as 200001.
- The syncing between Pastel and Magnetic is not automatic. With Pastel, it needs to be synced manually as often as you want to.
- The order of the invoices is important in pastel. If the order is out of sync then the numbering will also be incorrect.
- Therefore, you must create all invoices in Magnetic (not in Pastel), and import them into Pastel afterward.
- If the invoice already exists inside Pastel before the import, the invoice will be duplicated during the import from Magnetic.
- Draft Invoices need to be resolved before each import. If there are drafts of invoices during the import, this will also make the numbering incorrect.
- We recommend that you back up your Pastel Account before each import. This is because any mistakes that are imported can not be reversed. However, the backup can be restored if there has been a mistake e.g. Draft invoices were in the import file.
See the video below for a quick demonstration of the steps mentioned above: