Magnetic allows you a couple of options to sync email into the Magnetic platform and save them against contacts, companies, opportunities, and jobs.
You have two options when deciding how to sync email:
1. Link a users mailbox to Magnetic (we will check their mail every 5 minutes and pull in all sent and received email)
- Hover your mouse cursor over your name.
- Click on Personal settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Click on "New Mail Account".
- Select your relevant service provider
- Select your Magnetic Email account.
- Your Magnetic email account will now sync with Magnetic.
- Here users just email as they normally would an email is automatically pulled in.
- You get a full history of all communication with the relevant users or users with anybody internally and externally.
- Your contact list is automatically built based on who you communicate with.
- Your list can get large and will need some maintenance which is one of the drawbacks.
- All users must BCC or CC firstname.lastname@example.org and the email will be copied into Magnetic and associated with the relevant contact.
- Your contact database is built incrementally as you send emails out. Magnetic will intelligently select a contact if it exists or creates a new contact and company if necessary.
- Emails are automatically linked to any contacts that are on the email and contacts are always linked to a company.
If you want to link email to a specific opportunity or job then this must be done explicitly. There isn't a way we can automatically do this, unfortunately.
1. Put the opportunity/job code in the subject line when sending an email in the format (m#xxxx) where the xxxx is replaced with the "External Reference" of the opportunity/job. This can be found when viewing the opportunity/job and in many of the other views.
- Create a unique reference for the opportunity/job such as Retainer.
- Put into the email in the format (m#Retainer) this reference field is set while editing the opportunity/job.
- If an email was received that didn't have the opportunity/job code in it then you can still link the email to the opportunity/job manually:
- Click on Clients.
- Click on Emails.
- Search and select the relevant email.
- Choose "Add messages to opportunity / job".
- Select the Opportunity / Job and hit save.
See the video below:
- Click the email icon when viewing the opportunity/job to show emails linked explicitly to the job.
- Click the email icon when viewing the company to show all emails sent/received with contacts in that company.
- Click the email icon when viewing the contact to show all emails sent/received with contacts in that contact.
See the video below: