There are two methods for creating a tax invoice on Magnetic.
METHOD 1: Create a Tax Invoice(TI) directly from a cost Estimate
***Note*** You can only create a TI from a CE that has been approved by a client.
Follow these steps:
- Hover your mouse cursor over accounts.
- Click on Cost Estimates.
- Find the CE you want to use to create a TI from. (You may want to use the search filters).
- Hover over the icons on the right-hand side of the CE.
- Click on the icon that is called "Add Tax Invoice".
- A new Tax Invoice screen will open where you can fill in all the details for the TI.
- Add the relevant information. (All information marked with *must be filled in).
- Contact: Contact at the company the TI is addressed to.
- Company: Company the TI is for.
- Job: The job the TI is associated with. Link this TI to a particular job by adding the relevant job name in here.
- Owner: Person in charge of the TI.
- Title: Tax Invoice title.
- Tag: A comma-seperated list of tags used to segment your database.
- Issue dates: Date the TI is issued.
- Delivery date: Date goods will be shipped / service provided.
- PO Number: Purchase order number supplied by company.
- Status: Select the workflow stage the TI is in from the dropdown menu. E.g. Issued, Paid.
- Terms of payment: Select the payment term from the dropdown menu. (You can create your own payment term in your company settings under the accounts section).
- Description: Add any extra information you think is important in this text box.
- Hide quantity and costs on PDF: Tick this box if you want this information to be hidden from the client when viewing the PDF.
- Item types:
- Select the relevant item type from the dropdown menu. You can create your own list of item types. Alternatively, select the "New item" option from the dropdown menu and create a new item type.
- Section Headings: If you would like to split your TI into sections, choose Section Heading and name it. When printing your TI you will see the line items split and a total per section is automatically added.
- Mouse over a line item to display icons to change order, add new or delete line items.
- Quantity: A number of hours for that particular item type to be charged for.
- Cost: Basic cost per line item without markup added.
- Mark-up: Percentage added onto Cost. (Note: For externally sourced products/services, set the markup you are adding in before selling).
- Ext. Cost: The product of quantity x cost that the client will be charged. This amount does not include the margin.
- Margin: Profit value that is added onto the external cost amount.
- Line Total: The total of the external cost plus the profit margin.
- Tax type: Select one of the following options on the dropdown menu:
- No Tax: Items which are not taxed.
- Taxable: Items which follow standard taxable rules.
- Zero Rated: Items that are zero-rated for tax purposes.
- Exempt: Item types which ca not be charged VAT.
- Details: This text box is useful if you want to add additional information about the item type being added.
- Add a discount percentage or change the tax percentage if you wish.
- Ensure all the info is correct.
- Save the details.
- Download or email the TI to the Client by clicking on the cloud icon to download and the envelope icon to email.
See the video below:
METHOD 2: Creating a Tax Invoice
Follow these steps to create a Tax Invoice:1. Mouse over Accounts.
2. Click on Tax Invoice.
3. Click New Tax Invoice.
4. Add the relevant information. (All information marked with * must be filled in).
7. Download the TI or email the TI to the supplier by clicking on the cloud icon to download and the envelope icon to email.
See the video below: