To copy incoming mail to Magnetic, we will setup a Exchange listener on your mail account. This will not delete messages off the server so you can continue to receive mail via your mail client as your normally do. We will poll your mailbox every 5 minutes.
1. Your exchange server needs to be publicly accessible. If you have a private IP address use a service like DynaDNS to make the server public.
2. Your exchange server needs to have webmail enabled.
To setup you need the following details from your mail provider.
- Exchange Webmail URL - This is something like https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange or https://mail.mycompany.com/exchange.
- Username - This is usually the logon name you use at the office or your email address.
- Email address.
- Whether you server requires SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connections - This is usually required.
If you are unsure of your settings but have your phone connected with your email, this is often the easiest place to find your settings.
In Magnetic click User Settings in the top right and then choose New Mail Account.
1. Select Microsoft Exchange.
2. Insert your details and click save to test if they are correct.